- It’s all about you and your choices
- Strategy and direction
- Be active and responsible
- Strong beliefs and values
- Interdependency – the ability to be independent and to work well in a team
- Image – look the part
- Be inspirational and motivational
- Great attitude
- Product knowledge
- Effective time management
- Sales skills
- Communication skills
- Positive attitude
STEP 1 – Your Goals
Start with end in mind – Stephen R covey ‘The seven habits’
Mission / purpose
- What is your salary target?
- What type of client do you want to work with?
- What sort of PT do you want to be?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What beliefs do I need to be successful?
- How I will I motivate clients?
- How will I get clients to embark on my services?
- What additional education will I embark on to further my services?
- Can you be a success wherever you are?
STEP 2 – Why you must set a goal
- People who like, hope or wish something would happen to make them a success generally wait a long time for anything to happen
- People who depend on others to make their life better also wait a long time.
- Take responsibility for your goals and decide that you can make them happen and you must make them happen
STEP 3 – Take Action
- Set deadlines
- Put in the diary – write it down
- Soon – never happens
STEP 4 – Take Note
- Pay attention to your progress
- Take note of your actions – micro manage
STEP 4 – Change
- If something’s not working – it’s not working. Do something else.